Fascinating Collage of Assam
About tourist places in assam
the One Horned Rhino
I am glad that you have shown interest about knowing something about "Assam" because of which you are reading this blog.
Let me try giving you as much information I could as a priviledged resident of this great and Green land called "Assam".
Assam is a state lying in the NorthEastern Region of India in Asia. It is well connected via Air, Road and Railways from almost every major city in India.
Assam is situated between 90-96 degree East Longitute and 24-28 degree North Latitude, It is bordered in the North and East by the Kingdom of Bhutan and Arunachal Pradesh(a State of India). Along the south lies Nagaland(a State of India), Manipur (a State of India)and Mizoram(a State of India). Meghalaya(a State of India) lies to her South-West, Bengal(a State of India) and Bangladesh to her West.
To tell you what to watch out for in Assam are :
- 1) Beautiful wildlife with unique flaura and Fauna
- 2) picturesque scenaries
- 3) Tea Gardens and the special Tea
- 4) Monuments and relics of Ahoms(a dynasty who ruled assam for almost 600 years whom even the mightyMoghuls found difficult to conquer)
- 5)Temples and Masjids built in ancient times as well as Xatraa and naamghars( place of praising the God, Vishnu) of Vaishanivate movement started by Sri Sankardeva.
- 6) Unique Jewelry items, handwoven garments made of eri, silk and muga worms.
- 7)The mighty Brahmaputra River, its tributeries and Waterfalls.
- 8) Various handicraft and bamboo products, wooden furnitures and artifacts
- 9) Beautiful village girls in colourful handwoven garments
- 10) the assamese cuisine mainly rice based, less of oil and raw spices which differs a lot from any other Indian Cuisine as it has its very own flavor, taste and stand.
- 11) The various trekking, river rafting and adventure sport locations
- 12) Golf courses
- 13)Birdview points from Hilltops to view whole green valleys
- 14)Beautiful stadiums
- 15)Unique musical organs made of Bamboo and bell metal
- 16) Bell metal artifacts
AND LOT LOT MORE.............
I can assure you that there will not be any dull moment during your stay in this beautiful land.....The places are beautiful, cold and romantic, people are very friendly, warm and hospitable, the guides are knowledgeable, the rides are as majestic as it could be (try the Elephant ride in Kaziranga National Park...you won't forget it for lifetime !!), the food are delicious, the adventures are truely Amazing.....................
The Hills, the Rhinos, the tea gardens, the Brahmaputra, the orchids,the relics, the village belles await your Arrival !!
As far as the Saying goes, The Great Prince Sukafa came from Swarga(Heaven) to Assam in golden scaffoldings, fell in love with it and made this into a great fertile land !!
We are awaiting your arrival with such hopes......
We know once you are Here in this paradise, Your Heart will remain here ..... FOREVER !!
Scaffoldings are kept hanging for You as we did for our King !!
Welcome to Assam !!!